Colin Glass named social media company’s first Chairman.
4D Interactive, the UK social media company, is pleased to announce that Colin Glass will become its first Non-Executive Chairman with immediate effect.
Mr.Glass joins 4D on the strength of an impressive career that has seen him hold board positions at UK consumer technology giants including PC World and Dixons. Most recently Mr.Glass played a pivotal role in the start up, growth and sale of leading photo e-commerce company Photobox Ltd. and is currently an active Non-Exec Chairman at The Creation Agency Ltd., a leading sales and marketing agency.
Mr.Glass commented; “I am delighted to accept the position of Non-Executive Chairman at 4D. Having met with the Management Team over the past several months I was impressed by their ambition and vision and I look forward to working to achieve the next stage in their evolution and to spearhead their acquisition strategy.”
Commenting on the appointment, David Lee, 4D Managing Director said, “On behalf of the Board, I am delighted to welcome Colin Glass to 4D Interactive and congratulate him on his appointment as Chairman. We have worked long and hard behind the scenes to find a Chairman with the expertise and gravitas to help drive the business forward, both organically and acquisitively. We are delighted to be working with such an industry heavy-weight, and Colin’s market knowledge and experience in managing growth will be invaluable to 4D as we strive to reach the next stage in our strategy.”
The next 18 months will see 4D take its chat, dating and spiritual brands into international markets. This geographical expansion will be accompanied by the introduction of new premium services based on VOIP, Instant Messaging and Web Video technologies as well as a concerted push into Mobile Data.
Colin Glass Biography
- The Creation Agency Ltd – Non Executive Chairman (2007 – Current)
- PhotoBox Ltd – Chairman (1999 – 2006)
- Oasis Stores plc – Non-Executive Director (1997 – 2001)
- Dixons Stores – Managing Director (1994 – 1996)
- PC World – Managing Director (1992 – 1994)
- Dixons and Currys – Marketing Director (1991 – 1992)
- 4D Interactive is a UK social media company that creatively connects businesses, people and content through mobile and landline phones.
- Our B2B products include Chat, Dating, Social Networking, User-Generated Content & Telecommunications services.
- 4D also owns and operates Chatbox and Gay Network, two of the UK’s largest chat and dating brands on TV, IVR, Mobile and Web. Kooma (www.kooma.co.uk) is the company’s brand in the premium spiritual services market.
- In 2007 4D was named “One To Watch In Mobile” by O2/Real Business and appeared in the Sunday Times “Profit Track 100” list of the UK’s most successful companies.
- A privately-held company since 1993, 4D is based in Wandsworth, London and is an active member of the Direct Marketing, Premium Rate and Mobile Marketing Associations.